Hancock retains Skeet title in olympic's 2012




The 23-year-old from Columbus, Georgia, added the gold medal to the one he won four years ago at Beijing, becoming the first Skeet shooter to win back-to-back titles.



Hancock also broke his own Olympic record, missing just two shots and firing a perfect 25 in the final to register 148.

Hancock finished two points ahead of Denmark's Anders Golding, who took silver in the event, which sees competitors fire at clay targets from seven different positions on the range.

Nasser Al-Attiya of Qatar won the bronze after a shoot-off with Russia's Valeriy Shomin, who had to be content with fourth on his 41st birthday.

Hancock has now missed just seven shots out of the 300 he has fired in two Games finals.

He said: 'I had to be on top of my game the whole time. The two that I missed today, I have no idea what I did.

'It's an amazing feeling, representing my country and to step back on top of the podium and hear the national anthem - there's no other feeling like it.'

Golding added: 'It's a very good feeling to win my first Olympic silver medal.'

And Al-Attiyah, who combines Shooting with a successful career as a rally driver, said: 'The dream has come true and I'm very happy to win bronze..







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More